Food Lion is an American chain of grocery stores. The company’s headquarters are located in Salisbury, North Carolina.
The company was founded in 1957 by Wilson Smith, Brown Ketner, and Ralph Ketner in Salisbury. In 1974, Delhaize Group, a group based in Belgium, acquired the company.
Before the acquisition, the company operated independently. The company was later acquired by Ahold Delhaize, which owns Food Lion.
Must Check: Win a $500 Food Lion Gift Card by participating in the customer survey at www.talktofoodlion.com.
Information About Working At Food Lion
Hiring age: 16 (How old must you be to work at Food Lion?).
Available Positions: Sales associate, Team member, Guest services associate, Assistant manager, Store manager
Printable application: no. Search for job openings or visit the official website.
Job Opportunities At Food Lion
Jobs are readily available in various areas ranging from entry-level positions in customer service to more advanced and technical positions in management, marketing, and administration.
Food Lion stores are constantly hiring motivated workers to fill entry-level positions. Entry-level positions, the most common job opportunities available at the grocery store, require limited work experience and the ability to meet minimum age requirements.
Some places may require manual labour. Applicants wishing to start a career or build a resume with the grocery store must be in good standing before employment.
Prospective employees must also demonstrate a professional work ethic and exceptional customer service skills.
As a widespread grocery retailer, Food Lion serves urban and suburban areas, small towns and rural communities throughout the South and mid-Atlantic regions of the nation.
Despite targeting the country’s most rural areas, the supermarket employs more than 70,000 people. Applicants enjoy competitive wages when working for the grocery store chain, paid training upon hire and access to employment benefits.
Workers can also participate in training programs sponsored by the parent company, The Delhaize Group, leading to fruitful careers in the grocery store industry.
A single application form provides the details needed to learn about available jobs and begin hiring.
Food Lion Job Opportunities & Salary Options
Food Lion sets the minimum hiring age at 16 for entry-level jobs. Applicants under 16 can still find employment with the supermarket chain with special permission from local governments.
The hiring age for most managers is around 18, with additional hiring requirements ranging from experience to proven leadership skills. The renowned grocery store needs to hire for the following positions:
- The cashier’s duties include using registers, checking IDs for age-restricted items, and completing other assigned tasks.
- Food Lion cashiers generally receive a starting salary just above minimum wage.
- Aspiring cashiers must possess basic math skills, strong customer service skills, and engaging personalities.
- Primary duties involve filling product shelves, cleaning, handling merchandise, checking expiration dates, and completing other assigned work.
- An inventory clerk typically earns a starting wage of between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour, depending on experience and the operating department.
- Potential hires must be able to stand for long periods and lift significant amounts of weight.
- Managers hire new employees, train associates, schedule workers, and oversee the store’s day-to-day operations.
- The average manager earns a starting annual salary between $25,000 and $70,000, depending on managerial experience, work history, and job title.
- Prospective managers must possess proven analytical, communication, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
Tips For Applying
Food Lion usually accepts online applications through the career portal of its parent company, Delhaize America.
The grocer asks potential team members to release basic information and include a personalized resume during application.
Applicants must accurately complete applications and proofread resumes before finalizing the submission.
Applicants should wait several days before making a follow-up phone call or going to a store to speak with a manager about possibly joining the team.
Some candidates recommend checking the store several times a week after applying; however, potential employees should respect the manager’s time when inquiring about application status.
When going to a store to speak with a hiring official, applicants should wear semi-professional attire to make an excellent first impression. If the manager seems too busy to talk, leave the store and return during slower business hours.
Express a desire to work in the grocery store if you have the opportunity, and ask if the manager intends to start hiring procedures soon. Managers may communicate by phone or e-mail, and applicants should stick to their preferred method.
Check Below Posts
Benefits Of Working At Food Lion
Food Lion employees have access to a variety of job benefits. All employees enjoy the job benefits of flexible hours, paid training, and competitive salaries for the food industry.
Eligible employees can access many other job benefits, including:
- Medical care
- Vision and
- dental plans managed pharmaceutical coverage, 401(k) retirement plans,
- Membership in the Lion’s Share Credit Union, and
- Company-paid profit-sharing pension contributions.
Qualified store employees also receive paid leave and monetary benefits that can accumulate over time.
Food Lion works directly with local farmers to help them survive, strengthen their communities, and support the surrounding areas.
The chain’s website includes links to its partner farmers and lists each farmer by state.
The list also includes a detailed breakdown of the products supplied by the farms and biographies of each farm, including location and ownership.